Monday, April 6, 2009

Cockpit interior - textured finish






















I use a "stone chip" automotive water based primer to achieve the textured finish. Spray it on at low pressure. Practice on a scrap piece to get the desired roughness. Once this has thoroughly dried I spray on a "2k" automotive paint to seal the primer.

I have also included a few other pics showing some other cockpit details. The ends of the canopy arms I made "jetisonable". If one does serious gliding you're likely to be flying often in close proximity to other gliders. The chances of bumping into someone are pretty good. Seeing as I own 2 parachutes and have the deepened seats I figured they may as well be the seat cushions! In the event of having to "step outside" you may as well have the canopy out of your way. The rod ends and tube will depart from the canopy arms if opened in flight. They are attached with body putty. On the ground if running the engine with the canopy open or in strong wind one would lock these to the canopy arms with a short capscrew tapped into the canopy arm.

No comments: